Amaru Wine Class
Time & Location
About the Event
With a new format and new location, what better way to kick off our return to wine education in person.
All of our wine dinners and classes will be at a local restaurant to allow for safe social distancing and also to show support to our restaurant friends who have had one hell of a year fighting to stay alive. This new format will allow us to go beyond the confines of what a retail wine shop can do in accordance with state liquor laws, food being served, etc.
Welcome to Amaru Peruvian Bistro located in the heart of the Westville area of New Haven. Owner Victor Lopez has transformed this space into a posh New York City-style wine bar with the vibe of a small neighborhood bistro. The menu is curated with the same attention to detail with specialties of his home country that I was unfamiliar with prior to going but blown away by with each flavorful and colorful course.
Wine & Food Menu
yuca frita: fried yuca served with huancaina sauce
- Tarantas Utiel-Requena Sparkling Rosé from Valencia, Spain, made with certified organic Bobal grapes. Vegan. Non-GMO Project Verified.
choros a la chalaca: mussels, ají limo, lime juice, tomato, cilantro, red onion
- Koyle, Sauvignon Blanc Costa La Flor San Antonio, organic, vegan & biodynamic
anticuchos: skirt steak skewers, ají panca, peruvian corn kernels, chimichurri sauce, yukon gold potatoes
- Koyle, Koyle, Cabernet Sauvignon Gran Reserva Valle del Colchagua, organic, vegan, etc
wings a la brasa : chicken wings cooked in our signature brasa sauce
- Koyle, Carménère Gran Reserva Valle del Colchagua, deep purple color in with rich notes of white pepper to the focused flavors of native trees aromas with layers of dried raspberry and red currant. Velvety tannins emerge from the Tempranillo touch, with explosive notes of minerality coming from the basaltic rocks from Los Lingues vineyard. Elegant and fresh, this reflects the sense of origin. Organic, vegan, etc
How it works...
- THIS IS NOT A WINE DINNER
- Small bites/tasting menu will accompany the wine tasting class.
- We will taste 1 glass each from a selection of 4 wines with complementing flavors of traditional Peruvian dishes.
- I will be taking a back seat as a wine educator to allow others in this industry to share their vast knowledge and experiences with each class and dinner.
- After class, additional beverages and food will be available for purchase from the restaurant.
RSVP by May 28th.
- You must sign up through our app which also includes a credit card deposit to secure your seat(s). All other RSVP's (social media, promise to appear, etc) will be deleted.
- PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE RESTAURANT to RSVP.
- If you are having difficulties using our app, please call us at the store and we will assist you in the process.
- Your card will not be charged until May 29th.
- The final headcount needs to be in before Memorial Day weekend.
- Any cancellations after May 30th will receive partial credit in the form of a Wine 101 gift card.
** We do understand that many people are still uncomfortable with dining out in public. Everyone's health and safety are of the highest priority. Restaurants will be following strict sanitation and safety guidelines to ensure a proper dining experience for all.
PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THAT LAST POSSIBLE MINUTE TO RSVP!!!