Thu, Jun 20|
Close your eyes. Swirl, sniff & sip. Take your best guess! Geoff Troup & Jonathan Norwich go head-to-head in the biggest grudge match of 2019 to not only test your wine tasting skills, but there's as well.
Time & Location
Jun 20, 2019, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Wine 101, 1220 Whitney Ave c, Hamden, CT 06517, USA
About the Event
Sharpen your palate with this blind tasting class, no need to be intimidated—we’ll give you all the tools you need to taste your way through this lineup. Turn up your wine experience in this engaging and fun seminar.
Classes are 1.5 hours long, including a Q&A session with Geoff Troup from Eder Bros & Jonathan Norwich from Winebow.
What you can expect:
- 3 Tasting pours of wines from Geoff's portfolio
- 3 Tasting pours of vino from Jonathan's portfolio
- The catch....Carol is picking the wines! That's right. Carol holds the key to what each wine is and she's not telling anyone.
- Palate-cleansing bread & cheese
- $15 Gift Certificate towards purchases that night.
What you will learn:
- How to blind-taste wine with confidence
- How to evaluate wine through smell, taste, and visual clues
- What blind tasting can tell you about your own palate
- The aromas and flavors that make up each wine
This is a wine appreciation class to further educate your palate through tasting a variety of wines in a professional manner.
You must be 21+ years of age to purchase a ticket.
Classroom size is limited to only 10 people to encourage more in-depth discussion and analysis, so please RSVP early.
You must purchase your tickets early online through our website.
Facebook "Likes" or responses will not be accepted as an RSVP.
Please refrain from cell phone use during the presentation as to be respectful of those who are attending to learn more about wine appreciation.
Critical discussion is encouraged, but please be aware and respectful of other students' opinions and assessments of the wines. Wine is subjective and personal to each individual's palate.
Blind Wine Tasting
Must be 21+ to purchase, bring ID's. Minimum enrollment must be met for classes to be held and that number is set based on each individual class, please inquire when registering. All class seats are non-refundable, much like a sporting event or theater ticket. We require 72 hours advance notice for class cancellations If cancellation is necessary (and advance notice is given as outlined above) we will issue you a store credit, in the form of a Wine101 gift card, for the amount of your purchase.$30.00