Bubbles for Mother's Day
Time & Location
About the Event
Give us a glass of Cava and we're happy! It's one of our favorite styles of wine to introduce people to. So, after you're done the brunch thing with mom you can pop corks with us
Fermí Bohigas is a family-owned winery that has roots dating back to the 13th century. The estate is located in the town of Òdena in the River Anoia valley, about 45 minutes west of Barcelona. The current family and their ancestors have been growing grapes and making wines at this location ever since 1290; their first bottling took place in 1870. They first used the name “Bohigas” on a wine label in 1978. Today, the family’s estate encompasses 300 hectares of which 110 are split between two separate vineyard properties, named “Can Maciá” and “Can Batllevell”, both of which have their own cellars.
From grape-growing to bottling, all Bohigas wines come from their estates. The vineyards are farmed organically, and the estate is now officially certified, though doesn't list it on labels due to additional costs that this entails. For the cava wines, Bohigas focuses on the historical and indigenous varieties of Xarel-lo, Macabeo and Parellada for whites and Trepat for red.
Ines Oro, representative of the exporter Terra Nostra Vino, will lead the virtual tasting as we raise a glass to moms everywhere.
$50 Ticket price includes:
- Zoom details for the seminar will be emailed on Saturday, May 8th.
- Tech sheets for each wine will accompany Zoom Link.
- Instructional tutorial led by CSW certified specialist and guest presenter
- A 750ml of each wine we will be tasting the wines
- Bohigas Brut Cava
- Bohigas Brut Natural Cava
- Bohigas Brut Rose Cava
- FREE LOCAL (HAMDEN, NEW HAVEN, NORTH HAVEN, BRANFORD, EAST HAVEN, GUILFORD) delivery if you sign up before May 5th.
- After May 5th you will need to pick up at our store or ask for curbside pickup.
- Last day to sign up is May 6th.
MUST SIGN UP THROUGH OUR APP.
- Social media "likes" do not count towards admission.
- If you are having any difficulties, don't have our app or have questions, please email us and we'll be happy to walk you through the sign-up process.
- If minimum attendance is not met by Thursday, May 6th at 4 PM the class will be canceled
- All orders will be charged out on Thursday, May 6th and delivered that Friday and Saturday or be made available for pickup.