Thu, Jul 25|
Chardonnay can be crisp and clean, or rich and oaky. There’s something for everyone, which is why Chardonnay is so beloved.
Time & Location
Jul 25, 2019, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Wine 101, 1220 Whitney Ave c, Hamden, CT 06517, USA
About the Event
Chardonnay is known as a winemaker’s grape, because it can grow in many climates and it’s easy to work with in the cellar. It allows a winemaker creative license to make it light and elegant, or full-bodied and buttery. Chardonnay can taste different, depending on where it grows and how it’s made. But typically, Chardonnay is a dry, medium- to full-bodied wine with moderate acidity and alcohol. Its flavors range from apple and lemon to papaya and pineapple, and it also shows notes of vanilla when it’s aged with oak.
During this class we're taking it back to the old school and will explore Chardonnay from several different appelations within Burgundy, France.
$30 per person includes your class, light cheese, and crackers to accompany the tasting along with a $15 gift certificate towards purchasing wines from this class.
- Must respond by July 20th. If class sells out please call us at the store to be out on the call list.
- This is a wine appreciation class to further educate your palate by tasting a variety of wines in a professional manner.
- You must be 21+ years of age to purchase a ticket.
- Classroom size is limited to only 16 people to encourage more in-depth discussion and analysis, so please RSVP early.
- You must purchase your tickets early online through our website.
- Facebook "Likes" or responses will not be accepted as an RSVP.
- Please refrain from cell phone use and speaking loudly during the presentation to be respectful of those who are attending and want to learn more about wine appreciation.
- Critical discussion is encouraged, but please be aware and respectful of other students' opinions and assessments of the wines. Wine is subjective and personal to each individual's palate.
- Ticket type
All class seats are non-refundable, much like a sporting event or theater ticket. We require 72 hours advance notice for class cancellations. If cancellation is necessary (and advance notice is given as outlined above) we will issue you a store credit, in the form of a Wine101 gift card, for the amount of your purchase. This credit is valid for future class registrations or purchases from our store or our website.Price$30.00