Grower's Champagne for the Holidays w/Geoff Troup
Time & Location
About the Event
This class isn’t about just any old bubbly: it’s all about Method Champenoise wines with a focus on "grower's champagne". Champagne, with its high price tag and even higher expectations, is intimidating. But not all Champagne is this way. There is, in fact, a different kind of Champagne, delicious sparkling wine from that same hallowed ground, made of humbler stuff yet no less compelling, and every bit as celebratory. In this class, we unearth a special project by Geoff and uncork a world of sparkling wines you didn’t know existed. Say goodbye to Veuve Clicquot forever and say hello to an undiscovered world of bubbles.
Wines for the Evening:
- Nomine Renard Brut
- Nomine Renard Brut Rose
- Nomine Renard Brut MILLÉSIME 2013
- Gloria Ferrer Brut
- Gloria Ferrer Brut Rose
Must be 21+ to purchase tickets. Please bring your ID for verification on the night of the event.
- Masks need to be worn upon entry. This is a New Haven mandate regardless of vaccination status.
- Tickets need to be purchased in advance. The last day (PLEASE DO NOT WAIT) is November 27th. If we do not achieve the minimum number of attendees by 11/27 the class will, unfortunately, be canceled. All ticket holders will receive a full refund if we cancel due to low attendance.
- ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL.
- Class begins promptly at 7 PM. Please plan accordingly. NO entry after 7 PM.
- THIS IS A WINE CLASS, not a wine dinner. All ticket purchasers/attendees will receive an individual cheese/charcuterie box to nosh along while sampling the wines. If you have allergies, please specify such when purchasing tickets and we will do our very best to accommodate you within reason. If you need to eat an actual meal please do so prior to or after the class.
- The class will be limited to 40 people. The room at District provides for more than adequate social distancing space for comfort.
- If you are still reading this, please wear your ugliest and most festive holiday sweater.
The Price of the class is $60. If you see a discrepancy before you check out please notify us prior to checkout. Any discrepancies not brought to our attention once you have paid can be discussed on December 2nd, not during or after the class that night.
By placing your order for tickets you are acknowledging that:
- You are at least 21+ years of age, please bring your ID.
- You have read and understood everything mentioned above.
- You will be respectful of the guest speaker, other attendees, and the District facility.
- Any questions or concerns need to be addressed prior to December 1st
- Champagne Class w.Geoff$60$60Sold Out