Wed, Feb 08|
District New Haven
Growers Champagne for Valentine's Day
Guest speaker David Valauri (Wine Scholar Guild - Champagne Master-level Certificate) from Coeur de Cuvée joins us for a holiday-themed class dedicated to grower's Champagne.
Time & Location
Feb 08, 2023, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
District New Haven, Connecticut, USA
About the Event
In Champagne, the coeur de cuvée is the “heart” of the first pressing which contains the highest quality juice. Coeur de Cuvée is a champagne importing and consulting company dedicated to discovering the highest quality and most distinctive artisanal and “grower’s champagnes” and making them available across the United States.
For decades, David Valauri has admired champagne. In 2015 he began visiting the Champagne region to gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of the exquisite and diverse bubbles found in the region. After several trips, hours of study and a Master-level Certificate in Champagne from the Wine Scholar Guild, David established Coeur de Cuvée in 2018. Coeur de Cuvée is a champagne importing and consulting company dedicated to discovering the highest quality and most distinctive artisanal and “grower’s champagnes” and making them available across the United States.
During this class, we will sample a variety of cuvées from two Houses, Delavanne Père & Fils in Bouzy & Roger Brun in Aÿ. Each house showcases distinctive characteristics from the regions they cultivate and offer a range of selections that include exceptional cuvées for the novice and connoisseur alike while maintaining affordability.
- Seating is limited to 30 people
- MUST BE 21+ to purchase a ticket and attend.
- The absolute last day to sign up will be February 5th.
- PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST POSSIBLE DAY!!!
- This is NOT a wine dinner. Small nibbles will be provided to accompany the class.
- By purchasing a ticket you are confirming that you are 21+ years of age.
- IDs need to be provided at check-in.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Please plan accordingly.
- If minimal class attendance is not met by 2-5-2023, the class will be canceled and all ticket holders will receive a full refund.