Late Summer Italian White Wines
Time & Location
About the Event
September is not the time to put away your summer attire. No, no, no my paesans. In fact, there's no better time of year than what we call an Indian Summer up here in New England. Let's gather the familia around the table and dive into some new white wines from the Boot of the Mediterranean.
Italy is home to many white grape varietals that extend far beyond Prosecco & Pinot Grigio. During this class, we will be joined by our friend John Maggi from Vias Imports. We'll explore Gavi from Piedmonte, Vernaccia from Tuscany and head out to the island of Sardegna for a taste of Vermentino and how that differs from the mainland style.
The purpose of this class is to explore other white wine options from Italy that may not get the spotlight attention as their more well-known siblings. With John's guidance, we'll take a virtual trip through Italy's famous wine-producing regions to see what else they have to offer us.
With your paid admission to this class, you will receive a Virtual Wine Tasting Kit that includes:
3 bottles of wine
Charcuterie or olives
FREE HOME DELIVERY
Once everyone has signed up and registered for the event, we will email each person the link & password for the Zoom Live virtual tasting the morning of the event.
The last day to sign up is September 17th at 8 PM.
How to host a virtual wine tasting in your home:
- Invite up to 6 people. Each person will be able to enjoy one glass of each wine.
- 45 minutes to 1 hour before the class begins, Assemble your included cheese & charcuterie plate
- 30 minutes prior to class start time, open Zoom Meeting link that we will provide the morning of the event to ensure that everything works accordingly.
- 20 minutes before class begins, pull first white wine out of the cooler or put the first and second red wines in the cooler.
- As we begin the class, pull out 2nd and 3rd bottles of white wine out or put 3rd bottle of red in the cooler.
- Each class is about 1 hour long plus/minus depending on the questions from the audience.
**If you sign up multiple times, you will receive and be charged for multiple kits thus requiring you to invite more people to your house to enjoy cheese and wine while two Italians talk about wine from the interwebs.
Looking forward to seeing you all on the 18th of September for some incredible wines!
- Late Summer Italian White Wine$50$500$0