Boutique Wines | Local Craft Beer
Artisan Cheeses | Small Batch Spirits
Pop a cork and let the learning begin!
Mon to Sat 10 AM to 7 PM
NOW OPEN Sunday Noon ot 4PM
FREE LOCAL DELIVERY
CURBSIDE Pickup Available
NOW Shipping throughout CT!
FedEx Shipping States Include:
AL, CA, DC, FL, LA, NE, NH, NM, ND, OR, VA, WY, WV
Click on the image to download our app
Thu, Aug 01|
Savvy Sauv Blanc w/ Geoff
An in-depth study of how the same varietal is different around the world. This month's focus is Sauvignon Blanc.
Time & Location
Aug 01, 2019, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Wine 101, 1220 Whitney Ave c, Hamden, CT 06517, USA
About the Event
In an ongoing effort to illustrate through tasting of how wines differ depending on terroir, winemaker etc, Geoff Troup returns to walk us through a tasting of Sauvignon Blancs from around the world.
If you’ve come to love the refreshing, subtly savory taste of Sauvignon Blanc then you deserve to know more about it. There are more than 10 countries that specialize in Sauvignon Blanc and each region offers a unique taste. A little understanding of the different styles and the history of this grape will help you find awesome Sauvignon Blanc wines on your own.
- $30 per person includes your class, light cheese, and crackers to accompany the tasting along with a $15 gift certificate towards purchasing wines from this class.
- Must respond by July 30th. If class sells out please call us at the store to be out on the call list.
- This is a wine appreciation class to further educate your palate by tasting a variety of wines in a professional manner.
- You must be 21+ years of age to purchase a ticket.
- Classroom size is limited to only 16 people to encourage more in-depth discussion and analysis, so please RSVP early.
- You must purchase your tickets early online through our website.
- Facebook "Likes" or responses will not be accepted as an RSVP.
- Please refrain from cell phone use and speaking loudly during the presentation to be respectful of those who are attending and want to learn more about wine appreciation.
- Critical discussion is encouraged, but please be aware and respectful of other students' opinions and assessments of the wines. Wine is subjective and personal to each individual's palate.
Savvy Sauv Blanc
Must be 21+ to attend. Please bring ID's. Tickets are non-transferrable. All cancellations will receive credit in the form of a Wine 101 gift card.