Time & Location
Dec 20, 2023, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
New Haven, 470 James St, New Haven, CT 06513, USA
About the Event
Cava vs Corpinnat vs Clàssic Penedès: Demystifying Spanish Sparkling Wine
With special guest Sommelier, Kim Kunzik from Ungrafted Vines.
The link between Cava and Spain spans centuries. Cava, the Spanish word for cave, refers to Spain’s famous sparkling wine and has a global reputation for high quality and outstanding value. In the last decade, frustrations grew as high-quality producers felt Cava was chasing Prosecco’s affordable prices on grocery store shelves, resulting in lower-quality wines. Consequently, three regulatory bodies now play an active role in the production and marketing of Spanish sparkling wine: DO Cava, Corpinnat and DO Penedès, specifically its sub-appellation Classic Penedès which produces only sparkling wine.
During this "UGLY HOLIDAY SWEATER" themed class, we will embark on a sparkling journey through the effervescent wonders of Spain, just in time for the holiday season! Join us for an enchanting evening filled with bubbles and joy as we explore the diverse and captivating world of Spanish sparkling wines.
Whether you're a seasoned sparkling wine enthusiast or a curious novice, this class promises a delightful and educational experience. Elevate your holiday celebrations with the effervescence and sophistication of Spanish sparkling wines, creating lasting memories and toasts to cherish.
Join us for a sparkling soirée that captures the spirit of Spain's vinous excellence, and let the holiday season shine a little brighter with the magic of bubbles in your glass. Salud!"
Wines for the Night (subject to change):
- Alta Alella Cava Brut Nature Bruant
- Alta Alella Cava Mirgin Gran Reserva
- Cellers AT Roca Penedes Classic Reserva Metode Tradicional
- Cellers AT Roca Penedes Classic Rosat Reserva Metode Tradicional
- Julia Bernet Corpinnat Brut Nature U
MUST WEAR AN UGLY HOLIDAY SWEATER!!!
- The cost of the class is $35 per person.
- At this time, we are only taking RSVPs. Once we have hit the minimum number of attendees. we will contact you for payment.
- Payment will be through Venmo only.
- The last day to RSVP will be December 16th at 8PM. PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT wait until the last possible minute. If we see this class is not of interest prior to this date we will have to cancel. If your friends were going to sign up on December 16th at 7:58PM then they were never going to come. Why wait? Sign up now.
- Must be 21+ to attend.
- IDs will be checked at the door.
- Absolutely no refunds once payment has been collected. If you must cancel, find someone to gift your tickets to.
- Ticket type
Spanish Sparkling Wine SoireePrice$35.00Sale ended