Sparkling Wine & Chocolate Pairings for Valentine's Day
Time & Location
About the Event
For over 20 years, Porto Vino Imports has been traveling throughout Italy to create a collection of terroir-driven wines, focusing primarily on small farmers who practice organic and in many cases, natural viticulture from emerging growing areas.
Italy is a peninsula of nooks and crannies with an incredible range of biodiversity in its grape varieties and soils. Porto Vino's seeks out terroir-driven wines, the "difficult ones" that make amazing wines from the middle of nowhere, and those that give new perspectives on grape varieties and growing areas, some familiar some new to us.
Crossroads Coffee's mission is to provide great-tasting coffee and baked goods (with a focus on vegan &GF) with a smile whilst being eco-friendly and affordable. Born from the minds of two young women, crossroads. wants to bring coffee back to the basics with a twist. Not only will you be able to grab a standard cup of coffee, but you can also explore a range of drinks for the more adventurous coffee/tea connoisseur that you wouldn’t find at just any old shop.
Two companies that share similar business philosophies with their focus on the environment, sustainability, organic farming practices, and all-around support of other local producers and artists are amazing! I believe that the pairing of these two businesses and people in itself will be phenomenal.
During this class, we are partnering up with Porto Vino Imports and Housatonic Wine Company to showcase a world of Italian sparkling wines from the regions of Veneto & Emilia-Romagna while our friends from Crossroads Coffee in North Haven prepare an array of handmade truffles to pair alongside each wine.
Wines for the evening...
From the Veneto Region:
- COL DI LUNA 'FLORA' PROSECCO BRUT paired with Dark Chocolate and Lemongrass truffle
- Alice ‘Doro’ Brut Nature Prosecco Superiore Valdobbiadene paired with Dark Chocolate Truffle with pecan dulce de leche
- Alice ‘Osé’ Brut Nature Rosé paired with White Chocolate Truffle with a strawberry filling/ganache with strawberry dust
From the Emilia Romagna Region:
- Bulli ‘Sampagnino’ Colli Piacentini Frizzante paired withMilk chocolate coconut
- Bulli ‘Julius’ Bolle Macerato (orange wine) Colli Piacentini Frizzante paired with Honey truffle with a fig compote filling
- Denny Bini ‘Festa’ Lambrusco dell’Emilia NV paired with Goji Berry Cheesecake Truffle
CLASS WILL BE LIMITED TO 30 PEOPLE to ensure proper social distancing.
Must be 21+ to purchase tickets. Please bring your ID for verification on the night of the event.
- Masks need to be worn upon entry.
- Tickets need to be purchased in advance. The last day (PLEASE DO NOT WAIT) is January 30th. If we do not achieve the minimum number of attendees by 1-30-2022 the class will, unfortunately, be canceled. All ticket holders will receive a full refund if we cancel due to low attendance.
- ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL.
- Class begins promptly at 7 PM. Please plan accordingly. NO entry after 7 PM.
- All ticket purchasers/attendees will receive an individual truffle assortment to pair along while sampling each wine. If you have allergies, please specify such when purchasing tickets and we will do our very best to accommodate you within reason.
- I would suggest eating an actual meal prior to the class unless wine and chocolate are 2 major food groups for you too.
- The class will be limited to 30 people. The room at District holds 50 and provides for more than adequate social distancing space for comfort.
$50 PER TICKET. NO REFUNDS. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY
If you see a discrepancy before you check out please notify us prior to checkout. Any discrepancies not brought to our attention once you have paid can be discussed on February 4th, not during or after the class that night.
By placing your order for tickets you are acknowledging that:
- You are at least 21+ years of age, please bring your ID.
- You have read and understood everything mentioned above.
- You will be respectful of the guest speaker, other attendees, and the District facility.
- Any questions or concerns need to be addressed prior to February 4th.
- Bubbles & Sweets$50$500$0