Visiting Wine Maker, Michele D' Aprix
Time & Location
About the Event
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION!!!
Currently, the only American female making wine in Bordeaux, Michele D' Aprix pays CT a visit to taste us through a selection of her wines.
Michele earned her Viticulture and Enology degree from UC Davis, and today she runs her own wine importing business and calls NYC her home. Come harvest season, Michele hops over the pond to get her hands dirty in the French soil, making wine with Pierre Bernault. Her mission is to redefine Bordeaux for a new generation of wine lovers — to swipe it of its stuffy notoriety and intimidation, getting us all to drink a glass on any day of the week.
During this wine class/discussion led by Peter Trolio from Village Wine Imports and Michele, we will taste through a selection of 5 wines from Michele's portfolio.
- This is NOT A DINNER FORMAT. This is a wine class format with small bites to accompany the wine tasting. Bear's Smokehouse is in the same parking lot if you would like to stop for dinner & drinks prior to or after the class.
- The purpose of this class is for WINE EDUCATION. Everyone in attendance will receive 1 glass of each style of the following wines to sample:
- Maz Caz Rouge
- Maz Caz Blanc
- Maz Caz Rose
- Pierre Angulaire Bordeaux Blanc
- Pentimento Cotes de Castillon Bordeaux Rouge
- If you would like to indulge more with friends after the class there are many wine bars nearby. We encourage supporting our local restaurant friends.
- Because this is a prefixed wine menu with small bites to accompany the tasting, there will be no substitutions for food or wine aversions. PLEASE PLAN AHEAD
- Each attendee will receive a sampler box from Bear's to nosh on throughout the tasting. Again, this is a wine class not a wine dinner. The purpose of small bites is to simply accompany the wine and to see the interaction between wine and food. Sample box will consist of: pulled pork, kielbasa, Smoked baked beans, broccoli salad, cornbread.
- Tickets will need to be purchased through our app, Wine 101 Hamden, in your app store.
- If you are having difficulties with navigating the app, please contact us at the store.
- Last day to RSVP is July 10th. Your account will be charged on July 10th. Any cancellations after the 10th will receive partial credit in the form of a Wine 101 gift card.
When ordering, please DO NOT put the order in for delivery. Put ticket order in as a pickup. DO NOT INCLUDE A TIP. Your emailed receipt will be your entry ticket. Please keep on hand for entrance.
The Price of the class is $40 plus tax. If you see a discrepancy before you check out please notify us prior to checkout. Any discrepancies not brought to our attention once you have paid can be discussed on July 14th, not during or after the class.
By placing your order for tickets you are acknowledging that you have read and understood everything mentioned above. Any questions or concerns need to be addressed prior to July 10th.