Wine 201: Tuscany
Time & Location
About the Event
Chianti and it's signature grape Sangiovese are synonymous with Tuscany, but there is so much more to taste and learn about that far exceeds white and checkered table clothes with squat straw wrapped wine bottles.
During this class we will discuss, taste and explore several other unique treasures of Tuscany such as:
- The differences between Chianti and Chianti Classico. There is a difference.
- The Italian classification system from "vino" to DOCG
- Explore Tuscany's underappreciated white varietal called Vernaccia di San Gimignano
- Taste Sangioves in it's Rosato or Rose form
- Finish off the night with one of Tuscany's specialties known as Vin Santo.
$30 per person includes your class, light cheese and crackers to accompany the tasting and $15 gift certificate to purchase wines after the class.
This is a wine appreciation class to further educate your palate through tasting a variety of wines in a professional manner.
You must be 21+ years of age to purchase a ticket.
Classroom size is limited to only 10 people to encourage more in-depth discussion and analysis, so please RSVP early.
You must purchase your tickets early online through our website.
Facebook "Likes" or responses will not be accepted as an RSVP.
Please refrain from cell phone use during the presentation as to be respectful of those who are attending to learn more about wine appreciation.
Critical discussion is encouraged, but please be aware and respectful of other students' opinions and assessments of the wines. Wine is subjective and personal to each individual's palate.
- Sold OutWine201: Tuscany$30$300$0