Boutique Wines | Local Craft Beer
Artisan Cheeses | Small Batch Spirits
Pop a cork and let the learning begin!
Mon to Sat 10 AM to 7 PM
NOW OPEN Sunday Noon ot 4PM
FREE LOCAL DELIVERY
CURBSIDE Pickup Available
NOW Shipping throughout CT!
FedEx Shipping States Include:
AL, CA, DC, FL, LA, NE, NH, NM, ND, OR, VA, WY, WV
Click on the image to download our app
Sat, Jul 20|
Yes Way Rosado: Saturday Edition
Yes way Rosado? Why Spanish rosé is the best all-rounder.
Time & Location
Jul 20, 2019, 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM
Wine 101, 1220 Whitney Ave c, Hamden, CT 06517, USA
About the Event
Spanish rosado – distinctly dry, for sure, but bright and fruity, too. The dryness means it goes well with savoury, salty food but that red-berry aroma and flavour shine through. It's inexpensive, too, for the most part.All in, Spain is my favourite source of 'everyday' rosé. Most Spanish rosados are made from garnacha, though other grapes like tempranillo are sometimes used. Expect a vivid pink colour, the aromas and flavours of fresh strawberry, cranberry and red cherry, and a mouthwatering, tangy finish. Chill well and crack open with jamón, chorizo, seafood or Manchego.$30 per person includes your class, light cheese, and crackers to accompany the tasting, along with a $15 gift certificate towards the purchase of wines from this evening.
- Must respond by July 13th. If class sells out please call us at the store to be out on the call list. This is a wine appreciation class to further educate your palate by tasting a variety of wines in a professional manner.
- You must be 21+ years of age to purchase a ticket.
- Classroom size is limited to only 16 people to encourage more in-depth discussion and analysis, so please RSVP early.
- You must purchase your tickets early online through our website.
- Facebook "Likes" or responses will not be accepted as an RSVP.
- Please refrain from cell phone use during the presentation to be respectful of those who are attending to learn more about wine appreciation.
- Critical discussion is encouraged, but please be aware and respectful of other students' opinions and assessments of the wines. Wine is subjective and personal to each individual's palate.
Rosado: Saturday Edition
All class seats are non-refundable, much like a sporting event or theater ticket. We require 72 hours advance notice for class cancellations. If cancellation is necessary (and advance notice is given as outlined above) we will issue you a store credit, in the form of a Wine101 gift card, for the amount of your purchase. This credit is valid for future class registrations or purchases from our store or our website.