July's Wines of the Month
Terre des Olivettes from Pays D’ Oc, France.
- A blend of Carignan, Cinsault, Syrah, Grenache. Pale pink color; fruity nose with notes of raspberry, red currant and pink grapefruit; round and fresh palate with notes of toasted bread and red fruit. Situated in the Côtes de Thongue area
- Château Sainte-Marie Vieilles Vignes from Entre-Deux-Mers in Bordeaux. 70% Sauvignon blanc, 25% Sémillon, 5% Muscadelle aged in Stainless steel tanks with weekly stirring of the lees. A refreshing summer white blend. Very floral with bright, clean, tropical notes and orchard fruit flavors. Medium-plus in body, with a long, full-flavored finish.
- Beelgara Estate Semillon/Sauvignon Blend, Central Ranges, Australia. Attractive aromas of passionfruit with a soft round palate of grassy and tropical flavors. The wine finishes fresh and zesty. Enjoy on its own, with lightly flavored fish or chicken dishes and salads.
San Marzano Il Pumo Negroamaro from Salento, Puglia, Italy.
- 100% Negroamaro. Rich and fruity, this bargain buy shows strawberry and blackberry jam aromas and flavors, speckled with green herb and floral tones, yet enough tannic grip and acidity to maintain balance.
- Domain de L’ Amandine Cuvee Mathilde, Vin de Pays de Vaucluse, France. 40% Merlot, Caladoc, Carignan, Grenache and Syrah. Blackcurrant color with purple tints. Aromas of black and red berries on the nose with notes of forest floor and thyme. On the palate generous, mouth-filling flavors of small blackberries, pepper. Will compliment meatier fish, poultry or white meat, for example, stuffed chicken fillets or pork cooked with chorizo.
- Fiuza Babu Reserva from Tejo, Portugal.
A blend of Touriga Nacional and Alicante Bouschet with 3 months aging in oak barrels and 2 months aging in bottle. Aromas of ripe plums, seductive spices with notes of chocolate. Attractive spicy ripe red berry and cherry fruit aromas, with nice freshness. Smooth palate with soft tannins and good structure. Recommend with red meat dishes, pasta sauces, barbecue and aged cheeses.
FREE LOCAL DELIVERY on all Wines of the Month orders!!
Order through our Wine 101 App & website!