November's Wines of the Month
This month we're taking a European wine tour!
- Gambino Sparkling Cuvee from the Veneto, Italy. 100% Glera grapes sourced from the prosecco region but brought down to their winery in Sicily
- Joseph Amsel Guwerztraminer from Hungary. Intense bouquet of rose petals, violets, lychee and honey. Full-bodied with a fine spiciness on the finish. This is a great entry into the world of Gewurz without getting super floral as some of the German and Alsace ones tend to do. Intense bouquet of rose petals, violets, lychee and honey.
- Chateau de Bonhoste Bordeaux Blanc, Bordeaux, France. 60% Sauvignon Blanc / 30% Semillon / 10% Muscadelle for this traditionally styled Blanc. Dry and crisp, this wine is mineral driven with notes of stonefruit and tropical fruits like pineapple; you'll notice some floral aromas as well. Bonhoste Blanc is an exceptional aperitif and complement to light dishes and seafood.
- Chateau La Croix du Duc, Bordeaux, France. 80% merlot and 20% cabernet sauvignon and cabernet franc. Medium-full bodied with dark fruit, cassis & fresh ground coffee. Finishes with fine-grained tannins. Great with beef roasts, tomato rich based meals or perfectly fine on it's own with some decanting.
- Adega de Penalva, Dão Indigena Tinto from the Dao region of Portugal. A blend of 40% Touriga Nacional, 30% Tinta Roriz (Tempranillo), and 30% Jaen (Mencía). Hand-harvested, fully destemmed and aged in a combination of stainless steel and concrete tank. Medium-bodied with vibrant red fruits – cherry, strawberry, raspberry and cranberry. On the palate these fruits are even more vibrant and juicy, seeming to jump out of the glass. There are also notes of blackberry, chocolate and smoke, all wrapping up in a dry but fresh finish.
- Biagio Chianti from Tuscany, Italy. 85% Sangiovese, 10% Canaiolo, 5% Ciliegiolo from vineyards within the Chianti zone. Ruby red color tending to garnet, violet fragrance and a slight hint of cherries. Dry, balanced and lightly tannic which turns into velvety throughout the finish. Delicious partner to spicy pasta dishes. Ideal with roasts, steaks and veal.
FREE LOCAL DELIVERY on all Wines of the Month orders!!
Order through our Wine 101 App & website!
Wines of the Month